SkillGate regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as fundamental to our operations and to the maintenance of confidence of organisations and individuals with whom we carry out our business activities.
SkillGate Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
By logging into any SkillGate learning website (the Site) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
If you are accessing the Site on instructions from your employer organisation (Employer) this statement includes items marked **. These may be subject to the 'Agreement' SkillGate has with your Employer.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Your name, email address and other business contact information requested by your employer.
- Data provided by you through your actions on the site (e.g. pages visited, course registration and completion information, dates, questions answered and answers given).
- Information you give us by completing the forms on the site (e.g replies to scenarios or assignments, personal professional profiles, personal business preferences or expertise).
- Information compiled from your actions on the site (e.g. test scores, time spent on the site, cpd points gained).
- Information you provide to us by using the site upload features (e.g. copies of qualifications or exercises).
- Information automatically collected (e.g. technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system).
Uses Made of the Information
We will use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you (and your employer**) with a detailed record of the learning you have undertaken on the site.
- To advise you (and your employer**) of your learning progress.
- To provide you (and your employer**) with a single source of learning record including additional material you have added.
- To allow us to assess your learning activity, achievement and make relevant awards.
- To help us make relevant suggestions to you about further study.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To keep our site safe and secure.
Disclosure of Your Information
SkillGate will not disclose your information to any third party organisation except:
- individuals nominated by your employer (according to the Agreement**). Those individuals may be your line manager, group managers, and/or site administrators. You should contact your site administrators for details of these named individuals
- in the following exceptional cases:
If SkillGate Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the UK. The data that we collect is stored within European Economic Area ("EEA").
How long will we keep your data for?
We will keep a copy of your data for five years (or for a period agreed in the Agreement) after you de-register or are de-registered from the site unless we receive a request in writing from you for the information to be deleted.
SkillGate abides by all relevant Data Protection legislation and your rights determined therein.
The legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee specified in the Agreement to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Our site may contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Changes to this policy
Tel: +44 (0) 1730 815670